Today I wanted to talk to everyone about wedding toasts. Toasts can be one of the most meaningful elements at a wedding if they are correctly executed. Here are a few key points to keep in mind:
1. 1. If you would like for a certain guests to toast, it is polite to call them at least one week before the wedding.
2. 2. Speaker should maintain guests’ attention by keeping the toasts to a 2-3 minute max. Long-drawn-out stories would be more appropriate during rehearsal dinner where the setting is more personal.
3. 3. When it comes to toasts, it's really all about quality over quantity. We’ve all been to a wedding where toasts have not been forethought, which causes guests to lose interest and the energy of the wedding to fade.
4. 4. Keep it (reasonably) clean! Toasts should be appropriate; after all, wedding guests range from children to seniors.
5. 5. If you're a nondrinker, it is courteous to raise an empty glass, rather than none at all.
Hope these tips are useful!